Monday, July 14, 2014

Been A Little Bit

Hey Guys!

It's been a couple weeks since I've posted something about my new plans. I've been busy looking for a job (Close to getting one at my local Dunkin Donuts), helping out my mom with things around the house, and other things. Most of that has been taken care of, with the exception of getting that job, but that will be done soon.

Some Happy News: This past weekend was Connecticon 2014, and it was an absolute blast! Like Genericon 2014 earlier this year (Click "***" to read my review), it was also my 5th time coming to the convention. The panels were fun, the guests were fun, the con goers were cool to talk with, and the food is surprisingly good (I suggest that you go to the hotel's breakfast buffet at least once. It's on the pricy side, but it's of great quality in my opinion). A fantastic experience that I'm giving a 9 out of 10. Sunday was a little weak, but there were still a couple fun things I went too.

Some Dark News: If I've already talked about this, then I want to apologize for repeating myself. Late last year (December, if I remember correctly), my family discovered that my Grandfather on my Dad's side was diagnosed with Lung Cancer. He'd been a heavy smoker for quite some time, and he used to work on cars a lot, so there were the fumes from that. Well, on Sunday at 2:00 P.M., his hospice worker checked in on him, and basically said to my Grandmother that he would be lucky if he lasted for more than a week. So my Father's side of the family is very on edge at the moment, and coupled with the fact that my Uncle Mark is getting married this coming weekend, they're worried that he might die before hand. I was told of some more details, but I've forgotten them at the moment.

And that's what's been going in my life the past. Some fun things, some bad things, and then there were just.....things. I hope you've all had a mix of things going on, cause that makes life interesting. Until a future point in life, stay Otaku!

Update (7/14/2014, 1:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time): Everyone, my Grandfather has passed away. Around 10-15 minutes ago, he died silently in his sleep/coma (Not sure which). His body will be cremated, and the service will be held the weekend after the upcoming wedding for my Uncle Mark. Because of this, I've decided to delay my new blog until the end of this month, or until the middle of August. It all depends on how I feel after the funeral service.

No comments:

Post a Comment