Friday, December 20, 2013

End of Year Post

Hello there!

Not too long from now is Christmas, and a couple days afterwards, the end of 2013. This year has been...weird, to say the least. Some of the most remarkable things occurred, but some of the most horrible & vile things have happened as well. There’s been plenty of new life brought into the world, but an equal amount of life has also been released from the mortal coil. For me, this year has been a tough one. The first half was nice (Genericon 2013, My 26th Birthday), but the other half has been tough (The death of Kay, my family friend that perished mid-June, the death of Nelson Mandela, My Grandfather getting lung cancer (A new development that happened around the beginning of the month), and a host of other troubles). I’m still struggling with finding a job, but I’ve since then managed to acquire a car with my Mother’s help. So I’ve had some nice things happen since the death of our family friend, but I’ll tell you that it’s gonna be a long time before things get back to normal around my neck of the woods.

Okay, I have two announcements. The first is that I’m planning on possibly redesigning/re-purposing my blog. I’m not quite sure if I’m actually going to go through with this, since I enjoy the feel that it has right now. With that said, I feel that a change of some sort needs to happen. Maybe the content needs to be narrowed down a little, but maybe more kinds of things to get reviewed, I’m not sure. All I know is that a change of some sort is going to occur, and whether you think it’s a good change or bad change will ultimately be up to you.

The second announcement is that, starting in January, I’ll be starting off a music review festival! It won’t be quite as massive as my chunk of anime reviews I did this year, as I’ll only be posting up 1 review a week . On top of that, I’m splitting up the festival: January & February will compose the first half, March will be a break (Filled with revisions of past posts for the most part), then April & May will be the other half. You’ll see plenty of appearances of bands/singers that have appeared so far (Type-O Negative, Devin Townsend, etc), but you’ll also see appearances from some new groups as well.

Before I end this post, I just wanted to say that a couple weeks ago I reached a milestone of 200 posts. I forgot about it because I was busy with stuff at that time, so I figured I’d talk about it really quick. Not only that, since my blog will be 3 years old next May, I thought I’d put a quick list down, and show off the highest viewed posts I’ve done since the inception of my corner of the internet. I think you’ll be quite surprised.

2011
Kekko Kamen (Currently at 26 views)(Link: “***”)

2012
Uncle Yo! Fluffy Delicious DVD of Unbridled Entertainment (Second Edition) Review (Currently at 103 views)(Link: “***”)
Rammstein: Reise Reise (Japanese Edition) Review (Currently at 111 views)(Link: “***”)
Chobirs Anime/Manga Comparison (Currently at 80 views)(Link: “***”)
Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki Review (Currently at 96 views)(Link: “***”)
Type-O Negative: World Coming Down Review (Currently at 51 views)(Link: “***”)
Type-O Negative: The Origins Of The Feces Review (Currently at 754 views)(Link: “***”)
Top 5 Heavy Metal Songs To Make Out To (Currently at 62 views)(Link: “***”)
Getbackers Review (Currently at 97 views)(Link: “***”)
Rammstein: Reise Reise (Japanese Edition)(Revised) Review (Currently at 170 views)(Link: “***”)
Desert Punk Review (Currently at 368 views)(Link: “***”)
Mad Bull 34 Review (Currently at 75 views)(Link: “***”)
Burn Up Scramble Review (Currently at 67 views)(Link: “***”)
Katatonia: Dance of December Souls Review (Currently at 53 views)(Link: “***”)

2013
Devin Townsend: Ocean Machine - Biomech Review (Currently at 79 views)(Link: “***”)
Girls Bravo Review (Currently at 80 views)(Link: “***”)
La Blue Girl Review (Currently at 364 views)(Link: “***”)
R.I.P. - Yoteslaya (Currently at 361 views)(Link: “***”)

Well, that’s all I got to say. I hope you enjoy the rest of this month, and I look forward to seeing you all next year. Until then, stay Otaku!

No comments:

Post a Comment