Saturday, May 4, 2013

My Top 5 Most Viewed Posts

Hi everybody! In my time since my first blog post, I’ve posted up a lot of things. Reviews, musings, updates on things in my life or in pop culture, or just things I’ve found interesting on the internet. Although nobody hasn’t left comments on my posts, just about everyone of them has at least a couple views. So I looked at the stats of my posts, and decided to show you all the top 5 most viewed blog posts. I think you’ll be quite surprised!

5) Desert Punk Review (Currently at 87 views)

I like to think of Desert Punk as copy of Cowboy Bebop, only with more humor and fanservice. Like I said in that review, the one thing that I especially disliked was the ending. If I ever do a revised review of the show, I may go more into that. Having said that, I thought I did alright with that review. At times I felt like I did a good job with the review, but looking at it know, it feels a little rushed. Perhaps that revised review will show up sooner than I thought.

4) Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki Review (Currently at 88 views)

It’s a safe bet to say that the Tenchi Muyo franchise is popular. With the original shows & movies getting re-released late last year, it’s popularity has been brought back, and increased tenfold. Ironically, this series got released by Funimation before the re-releases, long after Geneon/Pioneer stopped with their releases. Much like the original show, Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki is a lot of fun to watch, and actually brings more to the table, infusing more character into an already interesting universe.

3) Rammstein: Reise Reise (Japanese Edition) (Revised) Review (Currently at 98 views)

Originally I was going to use my original review for this spot, but due to it being of lesser quality, I felt that it wasn’t right. Like I said in both reviews, the music on it is basically the same as the American & European releases, apart from the two remixes. I guess the reason why there’s as many views on this post is because of it’s background. It’s morbidly fascinating, and actually is something that has everybody should look up, even if it’s just for the sake of curiosity.

2) Uncle Yo! Fluffy Delicious DVD of Unbridled Entertainment Review (Currently at 103 views)

Give how popular Uncle Yo is, it’s no surprise that this post got views. What is surprising is two things: the first is that I managed to get two people to +1 this. They might have been people that Uncle Yo knew (I sent the review to him, and he replied back about it, saying thank you), and if that was the case...nice!

The other thing that has surprised me was that it has nowhere near as many views as I thought it would, given the popularity of Uncle Yo. I’m not complaining about the amount of views the post had (Even if a post had just 1 or 2 views, I’m happy), I’m just surprised that it isn’t as big as my number one spot on this list. Speaking of number one...

1) Type-O Negative: The Origin of the Feces Review (Currently at 505 views)

Off all the posts on my blog, I’m incredibly, no...massively surprised that this one has as many views as it has right now. Compared to the other albums in Type-O Negative’s library, this one is really more of a sleeper hit when compared to the rest. If you haven’t read the review, essentially the second album is nothing more than a modified/revised version of their first album, with revised song names, and the whole of the album was made to sound like it was done at a live concert. Now, making a album sound like it was at a concert when it actually wasn’t is kinda clever, and they manage to pull it off. The remixes of Hey Joe & Paranoid were good as well, and were some of my favorite tracks. The big problem was that it’s basically the first album all over again, minus a song or two from Slow, Deep and Hard. Again, I’m surprised that it got as many views as it did, but at the same time I’m happy.

See you all next week. Until then, stay Otaku!

No comments:

Post a Comment