Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Seeds of Geekdom - My Father (2)

Hi everyone! Last year when I celebrate the 1st-year anniversary of my blog’s existence, I did some posts on how my parents helped me become a geek, along with my own experiences. This time around, I’m doing things a little differently, and instead I’ll be talking about some moments with them that have become permanent memories of geekdom. Since I started with my father the last time, it’s only natural that my first post revolves around him.

Let’s take a trip through time, right back to the late-summer of 2004. Doom 3 came out in early August, and was applauded for looking incredible (Still looks good, if you ask me), being down right scary & atmospheric, and was just a fun game to play. One of the big selling points of the game (And still is a selling point) was it’s compatibility with surround-sound systems. Everytime I sat with him, he had a group of small speakers setup around the room, and holy hell did it sound better on those than headphones/standard speakers, but I digress slightly.

Anyways, we happened to have been playing on a particularly dark night (I should note that we had the lights off), and my Mom was already in bed. I’m forgetting what level we were at, but there was a long corridor we were walking down, and all of a sudden there was a massing bang-like noise, and a desk sign from one of my Dad’s old jobs fell right onto the keyboard. Now, because I’m a wuss (Which is normal for me...most of the time), I jumped, but I was quite surprised when my Dad sorta freaked out, and almost fell out of the chair he was in. Guess it goes to prove that even the bigger man of the house gets scared from time to time. I haven’t let go of that incident since.

See you all next time. Until then, stay Otaku!



* If you would like to look at my original post about my Dad, click on the link below:

***

No comments:

Post a Comment