Friday, May 24, 2013

Seeds of Geekdom: My Mother (2)

Hey everybody, with another story about me and my geeky Dad out of the way, it’s time for another story about my Mom. Originally I had intended for this to deal with me, but in a twist, I figured to instead focus this post on mom. Enjoy!

Now, for a good chunk of my life, my Father was the primary source of geek knowledge & trivia. He would infuse me with his knowhow whenever he could, but my Mother was a different story. It’s not that she wasn’t a geek, because she was. It’s not that she didn’t raise me in a geeky manner, because she did. The difference was that she was a little more reserved about it, and would dispense her geek wisdom at a more even pace. When it came time to buckle down and get school work done (Much more during high school, less so during college), she became quite the serious-minded individual, but when it was time to relax and have fun, she knew how to cut loose.

Fast forward to know, and holy shit could she fit in at a convention. She’s a fan of Doctor Who, plays a bunch of video games (Borderlands 2, Warcraft 3, and Plants vs Zombies are just a couple of the games she plays), loves Firefly, and a bunch of other geek-related things. Did I mention that she likes Rob Zombie & Ozzy Osbourne.....because she does!!

Basically, the message I’m trying to get across is that look can be deceiving. On the outside, she looks like any ordinary housewife (For the most part at least), but when she doesn’t have to get any work done, or when she’s with the right crowd, she unleashes her full-blown geek side. Don’t judge a book by it’s cover!

See you all next time. Until then, stay Otaku!




* If you would like to look at my original post about my Mom, click on the link below:

http://simpleanimereviews.blogspot.com/2012/05/seeds-of-geekdom-my-mother.html

No comments:

Post a Comment